Before accepting or rejecting a Purchase Order Change, verify the following:
- Open the original Purchase Order. If your original Order is in a status of New you will be unable to accept or reject a Purchase Order Change.
- Open the Purchase Order Change and confirm whether or not you are able to accommodate the requested changes.
- If you have more than one Change for a Purchase Order, make sure that you are addressing the Changes in the order in which they are received. You need to start with the earliest Change and move to the most recent.
How to Accept/Reject a Purchase Order Change
To accept or reject a Purchase Order Change within Fulfillment, click on the Purchase Order Change Document ID to view the document. In the upper right-hand corner of the document there are two icons:
- Clicking the thumbs-up will accept the Purchase Order Change. Accepting the Change will cause a new Purchase Order to generate in your Fulfillment account that reflects the changes.
- Clicking the thumbs-down will reject the Purchase Order Change. Rejecting a Purchase Order Change makes it so that you can work with the original Purchase Order received. Your Trading Partner is not notified when you reject a Change in Fulfillment, so we suggest you reach out to your purchasing contact to discuss the change further.
Here are what Purchase Order Changes look like once they are accepted or rejected:
If you accept or reject a Purchase Order Change by mistake follow these steps:
- Contact your Trading Partner and inform them of the error and verify the best way to update the Purchase Order correctly in their system. This is a necessary step to ensure that your Trading Partner has accurate expectations regarding the fulfillment of your order.
- In certain cases, your Trading Partner may allow SPS Commerce to reset the Purchase Order Change. If that is the case, please reach out to SPS Commerce Customer Support, either using Messenger or our Customer Support Line (1-888-739-3232, Option 1, 1).
Want to learn more? Try our Training Center!
Need to contact Customer Support? Try Messenger!