The Inventory Advice (EDI 846) allows you, the supplier, to communicate your inventory levels to your Trading Partner. This document can also communicate whether there is enough inventory on-hand to be shipped, sold electronically, or reordered.
To generate the Inventory Advice within Fulfillment, follow the steps listed below:
- Navigate to the Transactions tab.
- Click Create New.
- Select your Trading Partner, then click Continue.
- Select I don't have a source document.
- Select either Receiving Advice or Inventory Advice, then click Continue.
- Indicate whether you would like to use a template. Click Continue. Learn more about templates here.
The Inventory Advice form will generate and you can begin to fill out the fields. Remember, required fields are designated with a star to the left of the field name.
If you do not see the Inventory Advice as an option for a Trading Partner, please reach out to SPS Commerce Customer Support. A representative can confirm if this document is required for your Trading Partner.
Want to learn more? Try our Training Center!
Need to contact Customer Support? Try Messenger!